Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Assists the Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapy Assistant, Occupational Therapy Assistant and/or the Speech Language Pathologist, as directed, in the setup of services, transportation of patients and general support to ensure quality care is being provided to each patient.
- Assists in scheduling, transporting and transferring patients, as required, for rehabilitation services.
- Participates in duties such as filing, copying, ordering equipment and supplies, compiling information for reports, data entry and communication with physician offices and family members. Performs other clerical duties as assigned.
- Maintains general upkeep of therapy treatment and office areas.
- Maintains a safe and clean work area and adheres to facility/corporate safety standards.
- Complies with Infection Control, Universal Precautions and OSHA standards as applicable.
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with coworkers, patients, family members and facility personnel.
- Reports to work on time and coordinates schedule to achieve maximum efficiency during assigned shift. Ability to work varying hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards as required by Innovative Senior Care concerning community and patient information.
- Attends in-services and staff meetings as directed.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) plus previous rehabilitation experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Basic computer software skills in Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to work holidays and weekends as operation demands. Ability to maintain the highest standards of ethical professional and clinical judgment. Must be willing to communicate with patients of various levels of functioning and various types of personalities. Willingness to communicate perceived physical and emotional needs of patients to other skilled staff to assist with addressing their care needs.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, patients or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting patients
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.