Rehab Manager-Skilled Nursing Facility
Brookdale is seeking an exceptional Rehab Manager to spearhead therapy care in our Rosehill Skilled Nursing facility in Shawnee, KS. The sucessful candidate will be a licensed therapist with a minimum of five years experience in rehabiliation management. Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Responsible for creating an exceptional Brookdale Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) rehabilitation services customer experience by ensuring quality patient care through timely scheduling and delivery with prompt follow up of care needs. Responsible for the management and provision of rehabilitation services within Brookdale SNF, ensuring proper rehabilitation services under Medicare Part A (RUG utilization), Medicare Part B, Medicaid and HMO/Insurance. Maintains the objectives, goals, and philosophy of healthcare delivery in conjunction with the Brookdale Mission and Cornerstones. Partners with SNF leadership to monitor rehabilitation program quality and assure prudent resource utilization. Responsible for program development, as well as, internal and external marketing of the SNF rehabilitation program.
- Facilitates a consistent service delivery of Brookdale SNF rehabilitation services including highest quality care for the patient and family.
- Sets program development goals, facilitates performance improvement in key department operational performance measures, and conducts ongoing evaluation of quality, effectiveness, and efficiency. Identifies problems and formulates solutions to achieve prudent resource utilization and business objectives.
- Leads new program and/or organizational initiatives and is responsible for the successful implementation of programs. Takes responsibility for learning and managing new programs or initiatives within the department.
- Directs and supervises all SNF rehabilitation associates to ensure effective and efficient departmental operation and provision of SNF rehabilitation services.
- Promotes efficient care delivery, including individual, concurrent, co-treatment, and group treatment strategies per reimbursement and regulatory guidelines to facilitate achievement of patients’ rehabilitation goals.
- Determines staffing needs and coordinates schedules, including vacation and weekend coverage, to ensure sufficient staff availability for seven days per week rehabilitation services coverage to meet patient needs.
- Attends, participates in, and / or leads when appropriate, SNF management meetings to ensure care coordination, compliance with state and payer source regulations (e.g. Medicare RUG utilization and reconciliation, MDS therapy minute reporting accuracy, etc.), patient satisfaction, and quality outcomes. Coordinates follow-up actions including: resident hospitalizations and hospital discharges. Coordinates communication with residents, family members, and SNF care associates to ensure successful care transitions for needed services outside of the SNF.
- Utilizes electronic medical records (EMR) program(s) and software applications to ensure efficient, effective delivery and documentation of rehabilitation services.
- Serves as an educational resource to the community regarding SNF rehabilitation services. Coordinates available resources for staff and families. Coordinates internal and external marketing of SNF inpatient rehabilitation program to identify, in coordination with physicians, eligible rehabilitation patients.
- Conducts monthly documentation performance reviews, communicates trends, and provides individual associate feedback for quality improvement. Ensures timely response to compliance and / or Medicare claim reviews and denials in coordination with Brookdale Regional Director of Appeals.
- Conducts ongoing activities to achieve program compliance with Brookdale policies and procedures, infection control standards, and state and federal regulations for survey preparedness and the SNF Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program.
- Participates in the recruiting, interviewing and on-boarding of new associates. Conducts associate orientation, training, and performance evaluations and provides feedback, direction and coaching for associate performance.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Associate’s Degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy/Physical Therapy Assistant Program or a Master’s Degree in Speech/Language Pathology from an accredited program required. Previous SNF / inpatient rehabilitation management experience preferred. Minimum two years experience as a SNF Rehab Supervisor required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Assistant Certificate Program (e.g. Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant) and Current state licensure and/or minimum qualifications required for a therapist assistant position. Ability to work varying hours, including weekends and holidays.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has a working knowledge of a functional discipline. Has working knowledge of the organization. Basic computer software skills required. Ability to work holidays and weekends as operation demands. Ability to maintain the highest standards of ethical, professional, and clinical judgment. Must be willing to communicate with patients of various levels of functioning and various types of behaviors. Willingness to communicate perceived physical and emotional needs of patients to other skilled staff to assist with addressing their care needs.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.