Customer Service Assistant
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Job Description: Brookdale Lake Shore Drive is looking to hire a customer service representative that possesses excellent verbal communication and enjoys working with people to assist in coordinating visits for our residents with family members and to manage the visiting areas by providing support, managing the wellness check-in process, and monitoring the proper visiting guidelines are followed.
Full-time, temporary position,
• Setting up patio chairs/equipment each day for visits as well as breaking down
• Sanitize tables and seating in between visits.
• Ensuring that both building and patio rules and guidelines are being followed by all.
• Performs COVID screening (in person/by phone) which includes temporal readings during check in procedure for both indoor and outdoor visits.
• Escorting visitors in and out of the community safely.
• Ability to check reservations daily through online scheduling calendar, reschedule or cancel as needed.
• Capable of finding answers and respond efficiently to resident issues, all with a polite, empathic, and professional voice and manner.
Responsible for overseeing the healthcare management of residents of the community. This person will also provide leadership in the handling of residents' concerns and/or complaints.
- Handles resident complaints in a timely manner with diplomacy and efficiency, sometimes facilitating the work of other departments in resolutions.
- Works closely with staff to coordinate programs for first-aid respondents.
- Provides quality control at the community.
- Follows the status of residents in their level of care.
- Facilitates resident transitions, communicating with the resident and family members or other appointed designees.
- Keeps accurate records of the status of residents pertaining to healthcare and costs in the Healthcare Utilization Report,
- Assigns resident storage and parking.
- Executes necessary documents upon release of condo/apartment.
- Works with interior designer when appropriate to replace capital redecorating items.
- Conducts bi-weekly healthcare meetings to discuss the concerns of the Healthcare Committee and the health status of residents.
- Responds to the Resident Surveys in a timely manner. Views negative responses as an opportunity to establish a relationship with the resident and works with him/her to find a positive outcome to his/her concern(s).
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required. Must have worked a minimum of one to two years with seniors and have business experience with financial responsibility.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Public speaking, computer, good telephone skills, diplomacy, and counseling (for residents and families).
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.