Resident Services Assistant
OverviewEvery day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Responsible for overseeing the healthcare management of residents of the community. This person will also provide leadership in the handling of residents' concerns and/or complaints.
- Handles resident complaints in a timely manner with diplomacy and efficiency, sometimes facilitating the work of other departments in resolutions.
- Works closely with staff to coordinate programs for first-aid respondents.
- Provides quality control at the community.
- Follows the status of residents in their level of care.
- Facilitates resident transitions, communicating with the resident and family members or other appointed designees.
- Keeps accurate records of the status of residents pertaining to healthcare and costs in the Healthcare Utilization Report,
- Assigns resident storage and parking.
- Executes necessary documents upon release of condo/apartment.
- Works with interior designer when appropriate to replace capital redecorating items.
- Conducts bi-weekly healthcare meetings to discuss the concerns of the Healthcare Committee and the health status of residents.
- Responds to the Resident Surveys in a timely manner. Views negative responses as an opportunity to establish a relationship with the resident and works with him/her to find a positive outcome to his/her concern(s).
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required. Must have worked a minimum of one to two years with seniors and have business experience with financial responsibility.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Public speaking, computer, good telephone skills, diplomacy, and counseling (for residents and families).
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.