Resident Services Coordinator
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Assists residents to identify appropriate resources and solutions to maintain their highest level of independence and satisfaction, to include problem solving for health, social and emotional needs and coordination of support services.
- Communicates with residents and families regarding support services available to meet their needs through Personalized Living, ISC, Brookdale levels of care, Hospice, Life Enrichment, and other services as appropriate.
- Communicates with health care providers to monitor and assess health conditions, safety issues, and the needs of all residents. Follows residents who are hospitalized and monitors progress to return home.
- Attends Collaborative Care Meetings to determine risk potential of all residents. Communicates with other associates concerning residents’ change in condition and /or behavior. Conducts family conferences to determine support services required to meet the resident’s needs.
- Assists Sales associates to determine appropriate services needed for new move-ins. Coordinates new resident orientation process to ensure a smooth transition into the community. Contacts move-outs to ensure their needs are being met in their new surroundings and provides assistance as needed.
- Coordinates and facilitates health education programs for residents and families. Collaborates with ED to determine appropriate topics.
- May respond to resident emergencies, assess situations, and alert medical help when necessary. Contacts family members during times of emergency and other concerns. Addresses and follows up on all incident reports in a timely manner.
- Monitors and oversees any outside care providers working at the community.
- Attends Stand-up and Town Hall meetings.
- Develops and maintains a positive image with the local community. May attend social and civic affairs.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Graduate from Accredited Nursing School and a minimum of one to two years related experience required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Current State RN, LPN or LVN license.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has a working knowledge of the organization.
Effective oral and written communication skills. Possesses the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action. Demonstrates an interest in working with a senior population. Ability to establish an effective working relationship with all departments and the community. Excellent organizational and follow-through skills. Demonstrates attention to detail.
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.