RN Assisted Living Director of Dementia Care
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
Manages the day-to-day clinical services of a more complex community to ensure residents’ healthcare needs are met. Ensures residents are treated with respect and dignity and ensures quality care as residents’ healthcare needs change. Supervises and provides leadership, as well as coaching, to licensed nurses and other direct care staff within the community. May be responsible for leading additional clinical leadership team up to five members. The HWD level for each community is determined based on the total complexity of the role. Complexity criteria include, but are not limited to, factors such as size, type of product lines, medication management regulations, 90-day assessment requirements, multiple licensure requirements, state regulatory complexity, and skilled services requiring an RN.
Education and Experience
- Education as required to obtain state nursing license (LPN/LVN or RN).
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience. Clinical leadership experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of basic technology and electronic documentation.
- Skilled nursing experience may be required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
State nursing license (LPN/LVN or RN). Must have valid driver’s license.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness, or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and desire to understand the culture and work environment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
- Requires Driving: Drives Self (Tier 2)
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.