RN Case Manager
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Oversees the day-to-day delivery of health services provided by the community.
- Assesses the health, functional and psycho-social status of new residents and participates in the development of personal service plans.
- Coordinates healthcare delivery for each community to determine appropriate care through management of clinical services and assessment processes. Participates in personal service plan reviews with the management team, communities and residents’ families.
- Regulates the medication and health-related supply distribution process, including appropriate documentation, ordering, storage, security, destruction and pharmacy consultations.
- Ensures the proper and timely documentation of health care according to Brookdale policies and procedures and in accordance with federal and state requirements.
- Delegates nursing tasks to direct care staff in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act in areas of basic health care and proper documentation.
- Delivers health-related in-service and medication management training.
- Assists Executive Director in communicating with family members regarding the changing health care needs of residents.
- Consults with health care specialists to identify necessary ancillary services and support.
- Collaborates with Executive Management to implement company policies and procedures to guide the delivery of health care services to communities.
- Participates in company quality improvement activities and quality assurance surveys.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Education as required to obtain state RN license and a minimum of 2 years nursing experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Current nurse (RN) license, issued by appropriate state licensing agency. Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a private vehicle for business use.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these. If serving in single community, may directly supervise associates who are certified to pass medications. No supervisory duties if serving multiple facilities.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Basic typing skills along with a working knowledge of personal computing and word processing software are required, preferably in a Microsoft Windows environment. Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of company. Ability to effectively communicate in English and understand and follow written and oral instructions.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.