RN Director of Clinical Services Up to 5,000 Sign On
RN Director of Clinical Services position available in our Portland Home Health Agency.
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses, incentive, or commission plans.
Responsible and accountable for the clinical operational efficiencies and the quality healthcare outcomes through effective leadership and management of department staff. Consults with and advises management to ensure that department goals and performance measures are met.
- Provides input and plans in the overall development and administration of the agency as set forth in the policies and procedures. Directs implementation of approved work methods, patient care models and procedures that reflect elements essential to rendering high quality care. Participates in the review, analysis, and appraisal of the effectiveness of the total Home Health program.
- Reviews and evaluates existing policies and practices to determine if current methods provide the means for the staff to carry out their responsibilities and achieve projected goals. Communicates any changes to management.
- Participates in all activities relevant to the professional services furnished, including the development of qualifications and the assignment of personnel. Responsible for supervising, orientation and competency evaluation of all department staff. Provides mentoring through education, general meetings, timely evaluations, in-service training and management of productivity expectations. Responsible for interviewing and hiring all team members.
- Maintains the agency in a state of survey readiness at all times. Ensures the agency and all programs comply with state, local and federal regulatory requirements.
- Provides clinical oversight for all home health patients including referrals, initial certification, admissions, evaluations of eligibility and utilization of visits, re-certifications, face to face encounters, discharges, adverse events, etc. Coordinates case conferences oversight with each discipline reporting to ensure quality care for patients.
- Ensures an effective quality assurance program is established and maintained, including the oversight of all required agency manuals. Participates actively in quality assessment improvement teams, meetings and activities. Assists with and participates in quality improvement programs as required including chart audits and oversight of adverse events. Assists with processing appeals and denials as requested.
- Enforces the home health model by following workflow processes as established and holding team members accountable to task assignments. Reviews key benchmark reports with team members, sets clear expectations on performance, provides training/resources to achieve expectations and hold firm accountability. Responsible for facilitation of effective and compliant team meetings according to state and federal regulations.
- Provides a lead role regarding oversight and approval of effective workflow in the Electronic Medical Records application. Ensures that all team member documentation is compliant, comprehensive and clearly reflects ongoing eligibility as well as an effective patient family centered plan of care.
- Maintains effective and efficient ongoing communication with management, reporting all operational aspects of the agency related to patient care, financial operations, physician relations, community relations or other areas impacting the Home Health Agency performance.
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with associates, residents, family members and the greater community. Networks with professional resources and community partners to facilitate positive integration. Promotes customer service orientation to all home health personnel.
- Under the direction of management, participates with network plans, strategic growth plans, marketing activities, community functions and public health education events.
- May be required to provide direct patient care, on call and/or manage a caseload as well as complete admissions.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a professional nurse with two (2) years administrative/supervisory experience. Minimum of two (2) years of Home Health care experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) in which he/she will be providing services. Meets all additional requirements for hire including state specific requirements.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Ability to effectively manage time, tasks
and projects in a dynamic environment is required. Effective written and oral communication skills and human relation skills are essential.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.