Room Service Attendant/Busser
Ideal candidates for a room service position have at least one year of experience working in a hotel, especially as a server, host or busser. Applicants with other customer service experience, such as in retail, acute care and senior living also are considered good candidates.
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Brookdale is a GREAT place to further your career.
• The leadership team has over 80+ years combined experience in Senior Care
• We have been an established senior care community in Nashville-Davidson county for 20 years.
• We have a culture of caring. All leadership team members, and associates partner together to make sure each resident feels like they’re family.
• Since 2008, Brookdale has contributed over $15 million to the Walk to End Alzheimer’s®.
Perks Available to Our Associates
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Whether it’s with a 401(k) or an insurance health plan, we want to make sure you feel appreciated, and that your work is valued.
Full-time and part-time associates enjoy:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with matching contribution – Brookdale will make a matching contribution equal to 25% of your elective deferrals each Plan year quarter. Brookdale will not match your elective deferrals in excess of 4% of your Compensation each Plan Year quarter.
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program – Be able to purchase Brookdale stock at a discounted rate through payroll deduction.
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit – Save pre-tax money to pay for parking and transportation costs getting to and from work.
• Associate Compassion Fund – Nonprofit fund for associates, funded by associates.
• Associate Discounts – Including: Senior Living & Personalized Living, AT&T, Perks at Work, Dignity Memorial, FedEx, Ford, GE, Hotelogical, Nestle, Staples, Ticket Monster Perks, Verizon.
Full time associates also enjoy additional benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans ¬– Including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit – Get reimbursed for certain expenses related to the adoption of a child.
• Tuition Reimbursement – Get reimbursed for eligible expenses for qualifying undergraduate studies tuition as well as for prep courses for licensures, certifications and CEUs.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Room service attendants in senior living communities of all sizes deliver food, drinks, silverware and condiments to resident rooms to fulfill resident orders. The room service attendant greets the resident then delivers the tray/ delivery package to the residents. The attendant may check back later to ensure the resident was satisfied with their meal. Depending upon the size of the community, room service attendants also may be responsible for taking resident orders by phone. The attendant must be familiar with the daily menu to answer any resident questions, such as those concerning food allergies, portion sizes, delivery time and special requests. When they are not delivering items to resident rooms, room service attendants may be responsible for stocking supplies for future orders as well as maintaining food safety and sanitation standards. Room service attendants may perform additional tasks as assigned.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Room service attendants must have excellent people skills in order to communicate politely and professionally with residents and determine whether residents have everything they need with their food and beverage order. They must pay attention to detail in order to deliver precisely what the resident has ordered. Attendants must take pride in their personal appearance and maintain the established uniform of the dining department. They also must be capable of standing or walking for long periods of time, as well as be able to push heavy carts.
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.