Immediately Hiring!Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Under limited supervision, receives walk-in/call-in visitors and uses software systems to identify and contact leads provided by the Business Development Coordinator and current community residents. Effectively explains and demonstrates to prospective residents and their families the benefits of residing and receiving care at the community. Communicates sales and contractual information and closes contract sales to maintain and improve occupancy levels. Solicits assistance of community staff to promote and explain community services, practices, policies, pricing and other information necessary to close the sale.
- Routinely reviews software databases to identify and follow-up on leads from all sources. Calls a lead and obtains additional information on personal residential and care needs. Encourages prospective residents and families to make wait list deposits. Maintains long term contact with prospects to encourage continued familiarity. Encourages and promotes visits and tours of community(s). Meets established goals regarding contacts and tours to achieve desired sales goals. Enters updated prospective resident information and status of relationship into the lead management system.
- Maintains positive and understanding relationships with current residents and their family. Encourages their positive promotion of community to friends, acquaintances and family. Identifies religious, civic and social groups to which current residents belong to expand referral network. Cultivate leads with current residents through positive interaction and interest in activities and concerns. Follows-up with resident referrals as identified. Explains and promotes the Resident Referral Program to current residents.
- Assists in identifying innovative events and methods to increase visitation of targeted groups. Assists in planning, sponsoring, organizing, and executing special events to inform and attract referrals and prospects to visit community. Presents and demonstrates the value and benefits of the community for its residents as appropriate to stimulate interest and sales.
- Obtains and maintains knowledge of competitors. Communicates community features to best compete with competitor’s strengths and weaknesses. May visit competitors’ communities to understand how to best refer and market services and products.
- Conducts personal tours of communities for prospective residents and family. Schedules meetings with staff department heads as requested or as deemed necessary to effectively convince potential residents of abilities to meet their residential and care needs. Understands needs of potential residents to highlight community features that will satisfy them.
- Explains fee structure in a manner that will be most meaningful and that will clearly reflect the benefits of prospective resident’s choices. Explains the physical and financial assessment processes to prospects and coordinates required staff interviews and credit checks.
- Closes contractual arrangements. Communicates availability of units and status of waiting lists. Obtains necessary personal information and prepares standard, legal documents required for signature. Communicates pricing structures and service rates. Obtains signatures, required deposits and authorizations for move-ins.
- Requests assistance of marketing assistant when appropriate to coordinate needs relating to logistics of new resident moves including such things as transference of keys, furniture move-in coordination, unit preparation, new resident orientation and welcoming, etc. Maintains continued contact to reflect concern and interest for their continued wellbeing and satisfaction after relocation to the community.
- May provide input regarding the development of promotional brochures, videos and mailings as used in networking referrals and marketing to prospective residents.
- Prepares written reports and communicates status of current success in a clear and concise manner.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in coursework and related experience is required. Minimum of five years of progressive experience in the real estate or health care field including experience in such areas as promotion, public relations, or admissions, including a minimum of two years with a proven sales or promotion track record. Prior experience selling or promoting senior residential and health care services is highly preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Reliable car transportation with insurance, plus a valid driver’s license.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Has knowledge of residential, psychological, social and health care needs of seniors. Knowledge of competing organizations’ strengths and weaknesses and ability to maintain this information to maximize sales and occupancy potential. Ability to assist with the development of marketing strategies to compete within the local market. Ability to successfully persuade potential residents and families to make deposits and ultimately move to community. Ability to relate positively with networking sources and provide solutions to perceived needs for their referrals. Ability to explain complex alternative contractual arrangements in a clear, concise and patient manner to prospective residents to best convey the benefits to be gained by their choice. Flexibility to adjust hours of work to the needs of potential residents and referral sources. Ability to develop work schedules, work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to handle multiple interruptions to schedules to meet the needs of potential residents and families. Knowledge of marketing software and the ability to accurately and efficiently maintain lists, reports etc. for effective follow-up use by self and others. Ability to effectively communicate promotional and sales needs and information to internal marketing and support staff. Willingness to follow up with potential referral sources and assist with specific leads as requested.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.