Sales Manager - Independent Living
Brookdale Battery Park City 455 North End Avenue, New York, NY 10282
Are you excited about helping seniors?
We are looking for a sales and marketing professional with a proven track record of generating and closing qualified leads. As our Sales Manager, you will partner with the Executive Director and Sales & Marketing Director to improve occupancy at our independent living community. We will provide you with the training and support to develop referral sources and bring in new residents.
Are you Commission Driven? Receive commission for each move-in! You will receive a % of the revenue you produce! In addition, you will receive a competitive base salary!
You can be in the President's Club each quarter by achieving your community's quarterly revenue target!
Brookdale is a Great Place to Be
- Our community thrives off of our family like atmosphere. Everyone is family here and that sets us apart from others in our area. You won’t find a better to place to work that works together as 1 team to ensure our residents are our top priority.
- We encourage our staff to have fun at work and love to hear laughter!
You Are A Perfect Fit For This Position If:
- You believe seniors benefit from living amongst their peers
- You have a passion for working with seniors
- You have a passion for driving sales
- You are a team player
- You have compassion, empathy, respect & integrity
* Maintain and/or improve community occupancy level and revenue production in accordance with business and marketing plans
* Manage sales process by understanding prospective residents' needs and educating them about the community's services and programs
* Coordinate and complete all activities needed for sales, including visiting prospects' homes, conducting initial assessments or sales presentations, and ensuring all required forms are completed prior to move-in
* Increase community awareness through participation in outside events, professional groups and local community involvement
Required skills and qualifications:
* Two years sales experience with a proven track record in senior living, property management or hospitality
* Ability to effectively listen and communicate both verbally and in writing
* Must be self-directed, able to prioritize tasks as well as have the ability to accept directives
* Team player with industry knowledge and the ability to connect with families
* Good listening skills, compassionate and empathetic
* Solid business development and event planning skills
* Ability to close sales & discuss financials
* Professional contacts in the market a plus!
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission, we know that offering them genuine rewards, and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. As a Sales Manager, you will find opportunities to grow your career in one of the fastest growing industries in today’s market.
Requirements to be a Sales Manager
Brookdale Sales Managers maintain and improve upon occupancy levels of communities in accordance with marketing and business plans. Sales managers utilize established sales processes and systems to perform job duties, track information, compile data and achieve desired community occupancy goals. The sales process is managed by assisting prospective residents, their family members, and/or advisors in the decision-making process by understanding their needs and educating them about the community’s services and programs. Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related field preferred or equivalent combination of experience and education required.
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.