Sales Manager/Home Health - Phoenix AZ
Sales Manager Needed to cover the Phoenix area, to drive business and oversee a team of Home Health Referral Marketers. Medical Supervisory Sales experience mandatory. Experience in Referral Marketing (Home Health, Facility or Hospice) preferred.
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Brookdale is looking for a Home Health Sales Manager to join the Phoenix team!
Oversees and directs the sales efforts for multiple home health agencies within their respective Area. Each Area Sales and Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing, developing, monitoring of marketing plans and budgets. This position works closely with the network Home Health Director (HHD), District Director of Operations (DDO), Regional Vice President (RVP), and all home office and support center associates. Works and strategizes with community and regional support for BSL communities to help support the health and wellness continuum.
- Successfully markets and positions BHS programming within assigned territory. Achieves and exceeds all start of care goals internally and externally for the Area in which they are responsible.
- Oversees the weekly sales and marketing plans as well as the use of each agency marketing dollars to assure optimal exposure and maximum efficiencies. Coordinates planning and use of marketing budget dollars to create shared efficiencies in media.
- Recommends, determines and implements the proper sales structure within their area with Regional teams and the Home Health Director.
- Assists in interviewing, hiring, training and coaching of all BHS Home Health Outreach Coordinators (OC).
- Oversees and/or completes the marketing plan and budgetary process for the area. Partners with the Home Health Outreach Coordinators and the agency team in the development and modification of short and long-range agency marketing plans and budgets by providing competitor information, data and feedback.
- Coordinates the completion of competitive analysis on Top 5 agencies within each market and keeps current on competitive projects and programs in the marketplace within the area they oversee. Understands local markets within assigned region and makes pricing and tool box recommendations.
- Monitors marketing and sales performance expectations. Assesses the skills and abilities for each Home Health Outreach Coordinator. Coaches, trains and motivates as appropriate to achieve success. Reviews and analyzes weekly and monthly sales and marketing reports to ensure accuracy of information and to make recommendations for necessary changes.
- Visits each agency within the region on a scheduled basis, approved by the Home Health Director and the District Director of Operations. Partners with on-site community marketing teams and Executive Directors in the execution of the sales and marketing programs and strategies to develop and create a health and wellness continuum as defined by the community’s business plan. Leads and participates in team meetings within Region.
- Partners with BHS Training and Development to actively lead and participate in sales training activities for their respective region.
- Promotes the company and health and wellness continuum in a positive manner and sets the example for company standards for excellence.
- Encourages teamwork through cooperative interactions with Regional Operations, and other home office associates. Educates and supports agency and community partners on BHS sales and marketing programs for their respective communities.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Amplicare lead tracking/management system, trouble shooting and training. Monitors agency lead and business tracking systems, sales tools and resources to ensure compliance with system usage and follow up statistics.
- Oversees the business development coordination between agency and communities to provide optimum network results without duplication of resources.
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Home Health Director, District Director of Operations, and the Regional Vice President.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field from a four year college or university is preferred. Five to ten years of experience in marketing/sales. Experience in home health care, or senior living, healthcare and a minimum of two years in leading multiple agencies with management responsibility is preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Frequent car and air travel requires the incumbent to possess and maintain a valid driver's license. Ability to work some evenings/weekends and travel 70% of the time by air or car.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Knowledge of sales and marketing to include principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services to include marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, and sales control systems. Consultative selling skills highly preferred. Knowledge and understanding of the senior market and various senior living products. Workable knowledge of personal computers to include proficiency in Microsoft Office and Windows. Experience with Customer Relationship Management software. Ability to work well under stress, complete assignments accurately, work independently, and manage time effectively. Must exhibit a high degree of initiative and creativity, good judgment, and professional ethics. Excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate and develop staff within all product lines and positions. Must be a risk taker and be able to self-initiate and take charge of the multi-faceted strategies that are developed. Must possess strong management skills to work effectively as a team with operations partners and other functional areas.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.