Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Ensures community is adequately staffed in order to meet resident’s care and service needs and in accordance with the company standards and guidelines.
- Coordinates resident services and/or associate schedules. Responsible for filling all open shifts by contacting back up associates according to established protocol.
- Ensures that community and corporate policies are disseminated and followed by all care associates.
- Provides services as needed and within professional and state guidelines.
- Coordinates alternative resources for associates and families.
- Ensures adequate staffing coverage for the provision of services on a day-to-day basis.
- Reports all accidents and/or incidents to the Director or designee immediately.
- Completes data entry and administrative reporting as necessary.
- Assists the Director or designee in the recruiting, hiring, orientation and training of new associates.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. Prefer one year experience working with older adults or in a related health care setting.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization.
Must have knowledge and working capability of PCs, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.