Scheduler and Community Recruiter
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
Relationships and integrity are the heart of our culture. They help us create a welcoming and inclusive community among our residents, associates and patients that feels like family. They guide us to be open in our communication with each other, and enable us to make the right decisions for the people who have entrusted us with their care. Our relationships and integrity work together to create a positive impact in the lives of the people we touch.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. You’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can find opportunities to grow your career through professional development, as well as ongoing programs catered to your overall health and wellness – physical, mental, emotional, and financial. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
If you want to work in an environment where you can become your best possible self, join us!
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Ensures community is adequately staffed in order to meet resident’s care and service needs and in accordance with the company standards and guidelines.
- Coordinates resident services and/or associate schedules. Responsible for filling all open shifts by contacting back up associates according to established protocol.
- Ensures that community and corporate policies are disseminated and followed by all care associates.
- Provides services as needed and within professional and state guidelines.
- Coordinates alternative resources for associates and families.
- Ensures adequate staffing coverage for the provision of services on a day-to-day basis.
- Reports all accidents and/or incidents to the Director or designee immediately.
- Completes data entry and administrative reporting as necessary.
- Assists the Director or designee in the recruiting, hiring, orientation and training of new associates.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. Prefer one year experience working with older adults or in a related health care setting.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization.
Must have knowledge and working capability of PCs, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.