Security Guard - FULL TIME
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Responsible for maintaining a secure environment for all residents and associates within the building and on the community grounds. Greets visitors, monitors the inside and outside of the building, and responds to emergencies.
- Greets and monitors visitors and residents coming and going from the building. Logs all residents and visitors in and out.
- Monitors the inside and outside of the building and the parking lot; reports any abnormal findings to the Executive Director or to the proper authorities as the situation dictates.
- Locks doors at designated time, according to community protocol. Checks the security of all doors regularly throughout the night.
- Maintains familiarity with and monitors all emergency and safety equipment including security cameras, phones, and life safety systems.
- Responds appropriately to emergencies by calling or contacting appropriate internal and external parties, according to established protocol. Assists with disaster management efforts and activities during evacuations (i.e. fires, hurricanes, etc.).
- Answers the phone promptly. Responds to questions, directs calls, or takes messages as appropriate.
- Escorts residents and visitors to the parking lot during evening hours, as requested.
- May be required to handle leasing inquiries after hours and on weekends, making sure that accurate and timely information is provided to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Drives the bus or community vehicle as needed or as scheduled.
- Handles minor maintenance emergencies (i.e. plugged toilets, reset breakers, replace light bulbs, etc.) as needed.
- Ensures the lobby and administrative offices are vacuumed, and kept clean and neat. Notifies housekeeping if cleaning is needed.
- Interacts with residents and guests in a friendly and courteous manner, providing assistance and directions as requested.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) required; and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Fire Safety and Basic CPR/First Aid training. For positions that require travel between locations or the
transportation of residents, associate must have a valid driver’s license.
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.