Early Access to Paycheck with Earned Wage Access is available for Hourly Associates (outside of CA)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
Responsible for maintaining a secure environment for all residents and associates within the building and on the community grounds. Greets visitors, monitors the inside and outside of the building, and responds to emergencies.
- Greets and monitors visitors and residents coming and going from the building. Logs all residents and visitors in and out.
- Monitors the inside and outside of the building and the parking lot; reports any abnormal findings to the Executive Director or to the proper authorities as the situation dictates.
- Locks doors at designated time, according to community protocol. Checks the security of all doors regularly throughout the night.
- Maintains familiarity with and monitors all emergency and safety equipment including security cameras, phones, and life safety systems.
- Responds appropriately to emergencies by calling or contacting appropriate internal and external parties, according to established protocol. Assists with disaster management efforts and activities during evacuations (i.e. fires, hurricanes, etc.).
- Answers the phone promptly. Responds to questions, directs calls, or takes messages as appropriate.
- Escorts residents and visitors to the parking lot during evening hours, as requested.
- May be required to handle leasing inquiries after hours and on weekends, making sure that accurate and timely information is provided to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Drives the bus or community vehicle as needed or as scheduled.
- Handles minor maintenance emergencies (i.e. plugged toilets, reset breakers, replace light bulbs, etc.) as needed.
- Ensures the lobby and administrative offices are vacuumed, and kept clean and neat. Notifies housekeeping if cleaning is needed.
- Interacts with residents and guests in a friendly and courteous manner, providing assistance and directions as requested.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) required; and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Fire Safety and Basic CPR/First Aid training. For positions that require travel between locations or the
transportation of residents, associate must have a valid driver’s license.
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.