Senior Benefits Specialist
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
Provides overall administration and compliance of various associate benefit programs.
- Acts as a benefit concierge for associates and management regarding escalated concerns via phone and email.
- Provides guidance and support to the Benefit Specialists.
- Develops and implements training for Benefit Specialists.
- May process weekly 401(k) file transfers and contribution wires to record keeper..
- Utilizes Company’s internal Human Resources System as well as various vendor websites to examine employee records and provides information to authorized persons.
- Works as a vendor liaison to troubleshoot issues and monitor cases for associate issue resolution.
- Understands various plan coverage provisions and can apply them to individual employee situations.
- Administers the benefits billing process to monitor benefit coverage for associates who maintain benefits while on a leave of absence or associates who are not regularly receiving a paycheck.
- Assists with annual enrollment communications, project plan, and associate presentations
- Assists with HR-related audits of benefits data and other associate and plan reports.
- May assist with Benefits projects related to process improvements and associate engagement.
- Processes various state and vendor information requests such as QMSCOs, verifications and disability claims.
- Intermediate-level or above skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ensures confidentiality of records and adheres to established record keeping and retention guidelines.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required. Minimum of one to three years of benefits administration preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has a working knowledge of a functional discipline. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel). Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs, including ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, Medicare, Social Security, and DOL requirements.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.