~This position will work our Brentwood, TN corporate office~
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
If you want to work in an environment where you can become your best possible self, join us! You’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can find opportunities to grow your career through professional development, as well as ongoing programs catered to your overall health and wellness.
Full suite of health insurance, life insurance and retirement plans are available and vary by employment status. Additional benefits offered include, but are not limited to:
- Early Access to Paycheck with Earned Wage Access for Hourly Associates (outside of CA)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Please note, Brookdale is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccination.
Responsible for generating immaculate copy for every brief. Influences target markets by delivering a clear message, taking initiative to seek out new trends, and incorporating them into campaigns effectively.
- Understands and incorporates Brookdale’s brand positioning into all content, as appropriate.
- Collaborates with account managers, designers, and other marketing channel roles to develop coordinated content and concepts.
- Develops creative strategies that are forward-thinking and in-line with current media trends.
- Writes head-turning headlines and emotion-evoking copy.
- Presents creative concepts and copy to internal team and clients. Manages revisions and reviews cycles.
- Manages multiple projects, with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly.
- Meets deadlines and stays within budget constraints.
- Pushes the department, Brookdale, and the brand towards fresh and exciting ideas.
- Mentors copywriters and junior copywriters to improve their copy skills.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in English, Creative Writing, Journalism, or other related field. Minimum eight years professional experience. Proven expertise in producing insightful ad copy and conceptual campaigns, preferably in a professional agency/creative environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has a working knowledge of a functional discipline.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.