- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
Responsible for delivering and encouraging stunning visual concepts across all channels, including digital, collateral, social, and offline. Leads the Brookdale creative services team. Responsible for the layout, design, and production activities to produce visual concepts.
- Demonstrates a passion for big ideas; concepts first then designs.
- Communicates clearly regarding design decisions and processes.
- Offers a variety of design solutions.
- Handles multiple high-profile multi-faceted design projects within a given timeframe.
- Maintains brand standards while creating innovative looks throughout work.
- Creates design ideas, advises on layout, typefaces, colors and styles for advertisements, publications, presentations using innovative approaches to design devices, type treatments and spatial solutions.
- Understands Brookdale’s target audiences and points of differentiation. Customizes visual concepts to target audiences.
- Creates cost-effective ways to solve design challenges while maintaining brand aesthetic.
- Embraces the Creative Director’s design direction and brings it to life.
- Develops skill sets of Designers and Junior Designers.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Design (i.e. interaction, graphic, visual communications) or other related field required. Minimum five years experience in creative design required. Possesses experience as a mid- to senior-level designer preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has a working knowledge of a functional discipline. Exhibits an expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and experience with digital media.
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.