Senior District Director of Sales & Marketing
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses, incentive, or commission plans.
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Oversees and directs the sales efforts for multiple communities and products within Districts, Major Markets, Clusters and stand-alone communities. Manages one or more District Sales and Marketing Directors, Regional Sales and Marketing Managers or M3 Sales Leaders. Responsible and accountable for meeting and exceeding the occupancy and revenue goals while supporting operational policies. Provides management for the development and monitoring of marketing plans and budgets.
- Successfully markets and positions products. Manages open inventory and overall pricing.
- Achieves and exceeds all occupancy and revenue goals.
- Oversees use of marketing budget dollars to assure optimal exposure and maximum efficiencies. Coordinates sales planning and use of marketing budget dollars to create shared efficiencies in media.
- Determines and implements the proper sales structure within assigned District and Major Markets.
- Assists in interviewing, hiring, training and coaching all marketing staff in the portfolio of communities they manage. Actively participates in the recruitment, hiring, training, coaching, evaluating, and disciplining of all sales positions in those communities.
- Oversees and/or completes the marketing plan and budgetary process for the district. Partners with the marketing team in the development and modification of short and long-range community marketing plans and budgets by providing competitor information, data and feedback. Develops sales plans to support the budget and achieve the desired objectives.
- Coordinates the completion of competitive analysis on all communities within the district and keeps current on competitive projects and programs in the marketplace within the district. Understands local markets within assigned district and makes pricing and tool box recommendations.
- Monitors marketing and sales performance expectations. Assesses the skills and abilities of sales staff and coaches, trains and motivates as appropriate to achieve success. Reviews and analyzes weekly and monthly sales and marketing reports to ensure accuracy of information and to make recommendations for necessary changes.
- Conducts quality assurance calls on all selling marketing staff including business development calls and analyzes competitive data for community staff.
- Visits each community within district on a scheduled basis and as approved by VP-Field Sales & Marketing, and partners with on-site marketing teams and Executive Directors in the execution of the sales and marketing programs and strategies to achieve and maintain full occupancy.
- Partners with Training and Development to actively participate in sales training activities for the district.
- Promotes Brookdale in a positive manner and sets the example for the company’s standards for excellence. Is a consensus builder among community Sales and Operations Teams.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the lead tracking/management system, trouble shooting and training. Monitors community lead and business tracking systems, sales tools and resources to ensure compliance with system usage and follow up statistics.
- Develops a culture that supports intra-company transfer policy to enhance resident retention within the Brookdale system.
- Oversees the business development coordination between communities to provide optimum results without duplication of resources.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field from a four year college or university is required. Minimum of five to ten years’ experience in marketing/sales. Preferred experience is in senior living, healthcare or hospitality industry and a minimum of five years in a multi-community role with management responsibility.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Frequent car travel requires the incumbent to possess and maintain a valid driver’s license. Ability to work some evenings/weekends and travel 70% of the time by air or car.
Uses strong analytic skills and an in-depth understanding of the organization and the business in order to handle arising problems and issues. Solves diverse problems using solid analytical skills where limited precedents/ guidelines exist.
Knowledge and Skills
Has an advanced knowledge of the organization, industry, and a functional discipline. Extensive understanding of technical areas gained through experience and used to complete and/or oversee assignments. Workable knowledge of personal computer required. Have the ability to work well under stress. Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services, including sales and marketing strategies and techniques and product demonstration. Experience with Customer Relationship Management software. Consultative selling skills highly preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Windows. Must have a high degree of accuracy in all assignments, ability to work independently and manage time effectively. Must exhibit a high degree of initiative and creativity, good judgment, professional ethics and have excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate and develop staff within all product lines and positions. Must be a risk taker and be able to self-initiate and take charge of the multi-faceted strategies that are developed. Must have a wide breadth of experience in different Senior Living products. Must possess strong management skills to work effectively as a team with operations partners and other functional areas.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.