Senior Financial Analyst
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Coordinates the due diligence process for the various financing arrangements. Serves as the liaison between Brookdale, the lender and the attorneys. Focuses on the business items required by the lenders. Supervises the finance assistants with the appraisal, engineering and environmental firms as well as dealing with other questions/issues that arise. Other responsibilities include forming, monitoring and dissolving joint venture with third parties; gathering due diligence material, scheduling capital contributions and calculating lease and management fees will be required.
- Drafts various legal documents for review by legal counsel.
- Determines creative solutions to issues/concerns that occur throughout the due diligence process.
- Facilitates efficient process with various lenders.
- Monitors draw request process with various lenders.
- Assures that company is adhering to all debt covenants with lenders.
- Assists in forming, monitoring and dissolving various joint ventures.
- Assists in other special projects pertinent to the finance department.
- Encourages teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university is required. In addition, three to five years of experience of accounting of accounting/finance is required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has a working knowledge of a functional discipline. Interpersonal skills are crucial, as this position will be working extensively with other departmental staff. Organizational skills are of high priority as well as the ability to manage large projects. Individual should possess advanced skills in word processing and spreadsheet programs, preferably in Microsoft Word/Excel.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.