Senior Financial Analyst- FP&A
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
The Senior Financial Analyst role is a key regional support role and provides strategic support to all regional teams including Operations, Sales, Clinical, Dining and Asset Management. Through excellent financial acumen, partnership with regional leadership and teams, and strong interpersonal skills this role is a key contributor to the success of the operational results.
- Builds models and performs ad-hoc financial analysis for divisional, regional and community teams.
- Identifies and leads the development of high impact value-add analysis on business drivers, trends and risk/opportunities by utilizing both internal and external data.
- Assists divisional, regional and community teams through projections and annual budgeting cycle.
- Drives analysis of the division’s price strength and impact of discount and incentive practices.
- Drives ROI analysis process for New Economics capex proposals.
- Suggests and implements cost reduction targets and tracks progress towards achieving goals.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly and quarterly division and region updates.
- Provides training, as needed, to regional and community teams related to FP&A.
- Supports division and company-wide efforts in budgeting, projections, rate increases, price analysis, labor analysis, and other ad-hoc projects.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from Four-year College or university preferred; and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has a working knowledge of a functional discipline. Interpersonal skills are crucial, as this position will be working extensively with other departmental staff. Organizational skills are of high priority as well as the ability to manage large projects. Individual should possess advanced skills in word processing and spreadsheet programs, preferably in Microsoft Word/Excel.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.