Senior Financial Reporting Analyst - SEC Reporting
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
Responsible for assisting in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, footnotes, and MD&A disclosures required for the Company’s forms 10-K and 10-Q SEC filings, including balance sheets, income statement, statements of stockholder’s equity and statements of cash flow and other financial data for external reporting purposes within required filing deadlines.
- Prepares the Company’s form 10-K, 10-Q, and other SEC filings within required filing deadlines. Preparation includes consolidating the Company’s financial statements, preparing schedules and work papers to support financial statements and footnote disclosures, completing the US GAAP disclosure checklist, and reviewing XBRL tagging. Responsible for projects as assigned regarding acquisitions, joint ventures, leasing activity and other technical accounting matters.
- Prepares quarterly balance sheet and income statement fluctuation analysis.
- Prepares and reviews monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Executes projects as assigned, including acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, leasing activity, stock-based compensation accounting and other technical accounting matters.
- Works with external and internal auditors in connection with quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Provides support to various departments, including Legal, Investor Relations, for preparation of the Proxy, Annual Report and other requests as needed.
- Researches and documents the applicability of various technical accounting matters.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required. Minimum two to five years of accounting experience. Experience with SEC Regulations and Forms 10-K and 10-Q preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
CPA certification or demonstrated progress towards certification is required.
Management and Decision Making
Uses strong analytic skills and an in-depth understanding of the organization and the business in order to handle arising problems and issues. Solves diverse problems using solid analytical skills where limited precedents/guidelines exist.
Knowledge and Skills
Has an advanced knowledge of the organization, industry, and a functional discipline preferred. Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal. Strong working knowledge of US GAAP. Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.