Senior HRIS Business Systems Analyst
Immediately Hiring Nationwide
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Responsible for the execution of business application development projects and the subsequent support of those applications. Provides input and participates in the planning and execution of these activities.
- Performs analysis and designs tasks related to both new and existing applications. Completes analysis with business users, as required, ensuring support of their business objectives.
- Performs systems development life cycle (SDLC) tasks, as required, to support project objectives.
- Tests application programs within Brookdale’s system/regression test environment, develops test cases, tests data, and ensures testing requirements are met and documented.
- Documents and communicates testing results. Tracks and verifies any required corrections and ensures completion.
- Works with business personnel on process analysis, as appropriate. Applies input in the creation of new processes.
- Assesses, recommends, and implements re-engineering processes, where appropriate.
- Assists other team members, as appropriate.
- Supports project planning through the estimation of appropriate tasks.
- Performs project lead responsibilities for appropriate size projects, utilizing appropriate project management techniques and methodologies.
- Develops and modifies application ad-hoc and standard reports using SQL, or other tools.
- Serves as a primary resource for application support issues. Troubleshoots and resolves problems, and properly documents issues and resolutions. Identifies existing and/or potential project and system issues, and formulates systematic solutions to meet business requirements.
- Trains co-workers and users on applications to ensure proper understanding and support.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other related field required. Minimum five years experience in IT or Business. Previous programming experience using standard development tools and languages with proficiency in applicable technical platform is preferred. Minimum five years experience in design and development of complex business applications and solutions, in the business systems analyst role. Minimum five years experience in writing SQL queries in Oracle and/or SQL Server database environments. Minimum one year experience in writing test plans, preparing test data, and defect management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has a working knowledge of the organization. Understands the basics of writing SQL, for the appropriate platform, and can create database objects and understands their uses. Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio. Experience with testing tool sets.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.