Senior Identity Access & Management Engineer
Extensive knowledge of additional software frameworks and Identity and Access Management (IAM) best practices.
JAVA & SQL Experience
Immediately Hiring Nationwide!
Identity and Access Management (IAM) Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care. As a talented and passionate member of an energetic Agile team, the Sr Identity & Access Management Engineer (Solutions Engineer III) will build high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications, while providing expertise in all areas of full stack development. They will have extensive knowledge of additional software frameworks and Identity and Access Management (IAM) best practices. The individual will be a self-starter that demonstrates excellent communication and problem solving skills with a focus on customer service, mentoring associates and ensuring products meet or exceed operational requirements. They will collaboratively participate in all areas of delivery from analysis, development, configuration, testing, implementation and support of IAM solutions. The individual should have advanced experience with database technologies and object-oriented programming languages, a thorough understanding of Life Cycle Management (LCM), Single Sign On (SSO) and directory services and prior experience implementing and supporting IAM technologies in a medium to large enterprise.
As a talented and passionate member of an energetic Agile team, the Solutions Engineer III will build high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications, while providing expertise in all areas of full stack development. Progression with demonstrated knowledge of additional software frameworks as well as knowledge of multiple areas within Brookdale. The Solutions Engineer III will be a self-starter that demonstrates excellent communication and problem solving skills with a focus on customer service, mentoring associates and ensuring products meet or exceed operational requirements. The Solutions Engineer III will collaboratively participate in all areas of delivery from analysis, development, configuration, testing, implementation and support of software applications.
- Analyze, design, configure, develop, test, document, and implement new and existing applications and solutions to deliver high quality, scalable solutions to meet business objectives and operational requirements.
- Participate in application/architecture design and development reviews as appropriate to ensure working within appropriate technology/standards.
- Participate, including presenting, in the change management process and adheres to the defined change management guidelines. Identifies areas of improvement in the change management process. Mentor and train team members on the change management process.
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to support business objectives and continual improvement of team dynamics. Identify ways to improve the development environment, best practices and team dynamics.
- Focuses on the identification and resolution of application and technical issues (monitor sustainability, issue identification and resolution) enabling the optimization of uptime of applications and operational support. Participate in root cause analysis.
- Actively participates in continuous learning of technology and understands how it may be applied appropriately to solve business objectives. Remain current on emerging technologies and industry trends.
- Proven ability to adapt to different technology interfaces and frameworks and design different technology interfaces, platforms and frameworks.
- Focused on delivery of high quality solutions and improvements in customer experience and operational excellence. Enterprise thinking not just tactical. Proven capability of applying emerging technologies to business problems.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, or other related area, or equivalent experience is required. Minimum 3 years of related experience is required.
5 years of information systems experience, including 2 years of experience directly developing enterprise-grade applications is preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Relevant technical certifications are preferred.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within the Agile Team. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced experience with database technologies and CRUD concepts. Advanced skills in database design and tuning.
- Experience with unit, integration and acceptance testing. Promotes and monitors application test coverage. Expertise with unit testing packages and concepts, automated testing and TDD.
- Advanced experience using Application design patterns and selection, mentoring team members on their use.
- Successful experience working in an Agile team environment, preferably Scrum, as an actively involved team member. Mentoring other team members in Agile process.
- Supportive of team members and other teams through effective collaboration utilizing effective verbal, written and presentation skills. Collaborates with internal customers and work teams across departments. Able to lead cross functional teams of a diverse set of individuals. Developing mentoring skills.
- Positive influence and embody Brookdale cornerstones.
- Mastery in at least one development language used at Brookdale with basic understanding of at least one other development language used at Brookdale. Mentors others and serves as a SME to team members.
- Proven knowledge of multiple major business areas within Brookdale or within 180 days articulate business personas and the operational flows for those areas of the organization. Ability and willingness to understand the business as well as our customers.
- Willingness to challenge status quo and all levels of the organization when appropriate to find better ways to serve the field and our residents. Commitment to action over process, bureaucracy, and status quo.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.