Senior IT Security Engineer
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
The Senior IT Security Engineer is proficient in applying established standards; knowledge base acquired from multiple years of experience in cyber security or closely related area. Research and analyze emerging technologies and design and build architectures and solutions to enable secure implementation of new technologies. Administers security infrastructure. Conducts active threat detection and analysis, creates threat intelligence and maintains threat profiles. Assists in the development and implementation of security policies, procedures and protective measures. The position will have a lead role in performing vulnerability assessments, security testing, and working with operations and development teams on remediation and mitigation of findings. Evaluates and recommends security products for various platforms in the IT infrastructure environment. Educates users about security policies and consults on security issues. The Senior IT Security Engineer must stay abreast of evolving security issues and ensure the appropriate preventive and detective measures are in place. This role will require ongoing team work as well as information security administration.
- Performs periodic vulnerability assessments executes remediation steps.
- Reviews cyber security initiatives as the cyber security subject matter expert.
- Assists in the development of security tool requirements, trials, and evaluations, as well as security operations procedures and processes and standards
- Provides threat briefings to management.
- Maintains and updates relevant system and process documentation; develops ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Ensures system security configurations are properly implemented, monitored and reported.
- Possesses knowledge of security risk management, tools and methodologies based on national standards.
- Investigates and resolves security-related incident tickets.
- Maintains, configures, and analyzes network and host-based security platforms.
- Possess knowledge of security risk management, tools and methodologies based on national standards (HITRUST, NIST, ISO, etc.).
- Possess knowledge of HIPAA, PCI-DSS, SOX, and/or other federal/state regulatory environments.
- Assist the development of security tool requirements, trials, and evaluations, as well as security operations procedures and processes and standards.
- Provide CSIRT support as needed in response to information security related events.
- Mentors and develops teammates by cross training and knowledge transfer.
- Promotes an end user security training and awareness program.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Computer Science or suitable industry credentials preferred. Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Cyber Security or Network Engineering.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements:
Current industry certifications CISSP, CISM, CEH desirable.
Uses independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Has the confidence and ability to work autonomously and understands when to escalate issues.
Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge of NGFW, EPP/EDR, DLP, Encryption, IPS, SEIM, etc.
Has strong troubleshooting, problem analysis and solution development skills. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and knowledge of the organization. Well-rounded IT background and understanding of technology, operations and key business processes. Strong technical knowledge of hardware, software, database, operating system and networking technologies. Demonstrated maturity and responsibility with an ability to work with confidential situations. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.