Senior Living Advisor
Do you have a desire to make a real difference in someone’s life, and be a force for good in the world beyond “customer service”? Do you have a background or interest in social work, counselling, teaching, or health care, with a soft spot in your heart for helping senior citizens and their families? If so, we are looking for caring, empathetic, professional servant-leaders with emotional maturity, critical thinking skills, and the courage to guide families in their search for independent living, assisted living, specialized memory care, skilled nursing, and home health care services for their loved ones.
As a Senior Living Advisor, you will build a connection with families as you help them care for their aging loved ones by matching them with one or more of over 900 Brookdale communities nation-wide, and recommending that they take the next step to come and see how we enrich the lives of those we serve with compassion, respect, excellence, and integrity.
If you want to work in an environment where what you do truly matters, and you are there for more than just a paycheck, you really should consider Brookdale. Our compensation and benefits are competitive and our team is made up of wonderfully bright and talented people who care for and support one another like family. Come join the industry leader in senior living! Come join Brookdale!
What you will do
- Assist families who are looking for help with senior housing or other home-based assistance.
- Identify the communities or other resources that are the best fit for a family’s needs and schedule appointments for them to visit and see for themselves.
- Persuade people to take action by visiting communities and learning about the options available to them that will improve their quality of life.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- Must be a responsible, reliable, self-starter who will come to work every day and serve seniors and their families with passion
- Effective listening and communication skills, both verbally and in writing, are essential
- Must be coachable and willing to seek out and accept direction from your supervisor
- Deliver results and meet performance goals by driving move-ins for Brookdale communities
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to multi-task data lookup and entry while speaking on the phone
- 2+ years of experience in a service related field
- High school diploma (Higher education preferred)
Some of the Perks and Benefits:
- Starting wage of $16.00/hour plus up to $450 monthly bonus potential
- Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Educational reimbursement
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid time off
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.