Senior Living Case Manager Registered Nurse
Brookdale Senior Living / Dublin and Groveport Resident Care Manager / Care Navigator Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care. At Brookdale we offer a competitive salary with great bonus potential. An excellent benefits package that includes: health/dental/vision plan options, an educational reimbursement incentive and 401(k) for full-time associates. Registered Nurse (RN) licensure required.
The Care Manager identifies, coordinates, and implements services necessary to improve resident’s quality of life and to achieve an optimum level of wellness. Works in collaboration with primary and specialty care providers to develop resident-specific care plans, coordinates medically necessary services and the delivery of care to ensure compliance with established care plans. Serves as resident advocate and assists in identification and continuous improvement of service delivery (e.g. identifying and closing gaps in care, etc.). Understands key interventions and care protocols required to treat residents in place as appropriate. Responsible for tracking population and other healthcare indicators. Assesses healthcare needs and identifies community and external resources as needed. Communicates with managed care coordinators, insurance providers and external healthcare professionals regarding resident needs, status, etc. (e.g. primary care providers, home health agencies, etc.). Responsible for coordinating resources and equipment required as needed.
- Collaborates with community Health and Wellness Director (HWD) to coordinate and communicate care for each resident.
- Reviews current population’s medical diagnoses to identify care needs. Assists in assessing the health, functional, and psycho social status of residents.
- Coordinates services required to enhance optimum wellness and manage chronic conditions.
- Assists resident with developing and implementing personalized, holistic care plan.
- Collaborates with hospice, palliative and home health services/therapy as indicated.
- Participates in collaborative care reviews (CCR) and care conferences.
- Assists in the achievement of occupancy goals by monitoring the health, safety and well-being of residents, and proactively identifying those at risk for move out. Implements timely problem solving.
- Educates and explains Brookdale’s care pathways as determined by individual diagnosis and healthcare needs.
- Provides resources for residents and families to make informed decisions regarding choices in meeting healthcare needs.
- Effectively advocates for residents and their families the benefits of residing and receiving care and services at the community.
- Provides advanced care planning education to residents and families/responsible parties. Helps ensure each resident has a completed Advanced Care Plan, inclusive of goals of care. Communicates with healthcare providers to ensure care delivery is consistent with resident’s Advanced Care Plan(s).
- Applies quality improvement methodology for analyzing, improving and managing outcomes; collaborates with HWD to ensure compliance with service plan.
- In collaboration with Clinical Coordinators where applicable, provides oversight, coordination and family communication when necessary during resident hospitalization and rehab stays. Ensures return to community where appropriate.
- Communicates information in a timely manner to the appropriate care provider regarding changes in residents’ health/well-being, personal needs, risk management issues, customer service issues, family, or outside health care provider concerns.
- Maintains working knowledge of all Brookdale business lines (Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Clare Bridge Crossings, Skilled Nursing Care, Home Health, Hospice, and Personalized Living).
- Facilitates continuity of care for those residents receiving home health care, hospice services, and other third party healthcare- related services. Partners with Brookdale Healthcare Services (BHS) and BHS Care Transition Managers to determine appropriate resident solutions.
- Completes documentation as required by Brookdale or state regulatory agencies.
- When residents return to the community after an inpatient admission, ensures appropriate care transitions protocols are being met.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Education as required to obtain state nursing license (RN) and a minimum of 2-3 years relevant experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
RN license required.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Knowledge of sales and marketing to include principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products or services to include marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, and sales control systems. Knowledge of state regulations impacting or directing the delivery of services. Ability to operate smartphones, personal computers, and related software. Ability to effectively manage time, tasks and projects in a dynamic environment is required. Ability to build trust and act honestly in relationships with others. Ability to assess and understand customers’ expectations, needs and circumstances. Ability to work effectively with diverse personalities and to treat people with dignity, respect, fairness and maturity. Ability to effectively listen and communicate verbally and in writing is essential.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.