Senior Sales Tax Analyst
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Analyze financial statements and fixed asset purchases to assess correct taxability of transactions based on tax law by state/city and complete returns by due dates. Must have good organizational skills and be able to perform compliance with minimal supervision. Large volume of returns include gross receipts, sales and use tax for communities in 41 states.
Prepares and reviews state, and local sales and gross receipts tax returns for all Brookdale’s locations and entities. Assist’s with audits and special projects as needed.
- Prepares and reviews the company state and local sales tax and gross receipts tax returns.
- Research and consult with sales tax manager on company transactions. Have the ability to proactively identify possible exposure and/or benefit positions.
- Review and prepare quarterly and annual account reconciliations.
- Assist with sales tax audits as needed.
- Compile consistent work papers, and have ability to explain positions taken on returns filed.
- Knowledge of taxability of services and revenue by state.
- Display good written and verbal skills.
- Identify tax policy and law changes and apply to current and future filings.
- Understanding of Organizational Charts
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
SOFTWARE: Peoplesoft experience a plus, Excel, Word
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of Excel and Word. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Uses current and developing technology and tools to enhance current processes and procedures. Respects and protects confidential company information. Maintains a professional development plan to continually develop technical skills consistent with the company’s requirements and philosophy. Corptax Tax Software knowledge a plus.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.