Social Media Specialist
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Creates, designs, and executes content, images and videos for Brookdale social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Controls information flow from public website by checking and sorting emails in email@example.com mailbox including leads, comments, vendor inquiries and reviews; forwards to appropriate associates for follow up and provides advice for social media related issues.
- Coordinates the acquisition of website images and community videos with vendors; crops, uploads and manages community photo and video galleries.
- Provides guidance and support to less experienced social media users at communities for Facebook pages; designs and presents weekly AdobeConnect Webinar.
- Creates and schedules daily Facebook and Twitter posts.
- Monitors social media platforms and alerts appropriate associates to negative social media posts for resolution.
- Researches expected business-and user-benefits and potential limitations of social networking platforms.
- Assesses implementation options based on continuously evolving social media platforms and recommends most appropriate process.
- Implements creative strategies to promote the organization’s product lines through social media. Creates graphic designs for social networking projects allowing for brand identification through penetration of on-line social media.
- Solicits, creates and posts content that attracts attention and encourages readers to share content within their social networks.
- Updates and maintains all web-related expenses. Reviews web team expenses and submits monthly receipts. Codes, reallocates, and submits monthly invoices.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Advertising Design, or other related field required. Minimum three years experience in Graphic Design or Advertising Design and/or social media.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has a working knowledge of the organization. Possesses excellent creative design skills. Proficient in graphic design and marketing software such as Quark, Adobe Illustrator, PhotoShop, and Acrobat. Ability to work in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment and meet demanding deadlines. Excellent customer service skills required. Copy writing skills required. Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.