Social Services Coordinator - FULL TIME
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Responsible for planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing the Social Service Department in accordance with current existing federal, state and Brookdale standards.
- Ensures the resident’s psychosocial concrete needs are identified and met in accordance with federal, state, and Brookdale requirements.
- Meets with administration, medical and nursing staff, and other related departments in planning social services, as directed. Involves the resident/family in planning social service programs when possible.
- Interviews residents/families as necessary and in a private setting. Obtains information concerning the resident’s personal and family problems, past illnesses, etc. Provides consultation to members of our staff, community agencies, etc., in efforts to solve the needs and problems of the resident through the development of social service programs.
- Provides information to resident/families as to Medicare/Medicaid, and other financial assistance programs available to the resident. Participates in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the services and needs of the resident and family.
- Plans resident’s discharge.
- Develops and implements social care plans and resident assessments.
- Maintains records of outside referrals.
- Communicates needs and plan of care to resident, families, responsible parties, and appropriate staff.
- Assists in coordinating resident’s financial affairs.
- Assists with coordination of resident room moves.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or Human Service field is required. Minimum of one (1) year of supervised work experience in a health care setting working directly with individuals, preferably the elderly.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.