Sr Business Development Director
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Provides strategy, support and vision to the Sales & Marketing Directors in a specified Market Area (MA) to achieve sales and occupancy goals through effective Business Development efforts. Focuses on business development for multiple communities; typically in a geographic cluster or major market (M3). Represents the company as the leader in Senior Living to all referral sources. Keeps abreast of any competitor issues that would affect occupancy in the market.
- Provides strategy, support and vision to the Director of Sales & Marketing in a specified Market Area (MA) to achieve sales and occupancy goals through effective Business Development efforts.
- Creates business development plans and engages in business development activities and events for the Market Area.
- Schedules networking meetings on a regular basis to meet or exceed established departmental goals.
- Visits local hospitals for all communities on a weekly basis. Meets with residents as directed by the Director of Sales & Marketing or Executive Director.
- Visits with competitors on a quarterly basis. Creates and updates competitive analyses on a quarterly basis. Serves as main contact for all competitive issues that would affect communities.
- Utilizes all communities for networking meetings and events (rotate throughout communities).
- Creates and maintains special events calendar for the Market Area. Develops and organizes Market Area events to meet established monthly goals. Serves as the primary contact for area events.
- Communicates any new leads to the appropriate community.
- Keeps up to date with Innovative Senior Care Services and utilizes local Therapists at the communities for Business Development Activities.
- Provides support at any Market Community if needed.
- Keeps the Director of Sales & Marketing updated on all business development activities on weekly basis. Provides information relevant to pricing, terms, policy and marketing strategy.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field and a minimum of three to five years sales experience in a related industry; or equivalent combination of experience and education. Two years of sales and marketing management experience is required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Reliable car transportation with insurance, plus a valid driver’s license is required. Home office required.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential. Windows environment computer skills are required. (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc., preferred). Effective organizational skills are a must.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 10 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.