Sr Dir Assoc General Counsel
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
If you want to work in an environment where you can become your best possible self, join us! You’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can find opportunities to grow your career through professional development, as well as ongoing programs catered to your overall health and wellness.
Full suite of health insurance, life insurance and retirement plans are available and vary by employment status. Additional benefits offered include, but are not limited to:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses, incentive, or commission plans.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Please note, Brookdale is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccination.
Represents the organization on legal matters as assigned. Prepares supporting legal documents such as briefs, contracts, patent applications, and other filings. Provides counsel to managers on legal matters impacting managers' areas of responsibility.
- Provides legal research, analysis, factual information, counsel and guidance on legal questions or issues.
- Works closely with external clients while resolving legal issues, manages outside counsel, negotiating settlements, attending mediations.
- Supervises and prepares cases for defense of cases in litigation.
- Tries cases and participates in court appearances, trial preparation, motions, discovery and negotiations.
- Studies proposed and existing legislation.
- Gives legal advice with respect to administration, and prepares resolutions and forms.
- Reviews and approves advertising copy and public statements from a legal standpoint.
- Anticipates and guards against legal risks involving the organization.
- Participates in major legal actions.
- May prepare briefs and documents or draw up contracts for review and evaluation by others.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
J.D. degree, with emphasis on corporate law and regulations. Excellent knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to corporations. Excellent time management, communications, decision-making, presentation, human relations, and organizational skills.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Makes analytical decisions and is accountable for all actions made by a department or group. Uses a high degree of analytical ability using sound judgment acquired through significant experience to solve complex and varied problems that could result in substantial loss of reputation.
Knowledge and Skills
Has significant knowledge of an advanced discipline with a working knowledge of related fields. Has significant knowledge of the organization, work environment and process. Has knowledge to direct multiple functions and/or departments with full responsibility for operational results.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift: Up to 10 pounds
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.