Sr. Director Divisional Dining Services
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
Responsible for providing mentoring and leadership to Divisional Directors of Dining Services and the assigned community Dining Services Director. Ensures communities obtain optimal performance and compliance with State regulations and company policies by educating Community and Divisional employees in the specifics of state regulations, company policies, and company/community performance expectations; by auditing for compliance, and by providing consultative/support services to assist communities achieve their goals and expectations.
- Provides community with hands on training in all areas of Dining Services.
- Assists community-level Dining Service Directors with understanding the procedure for ordering and pricing, completing reports, meeting food costs, scheduling staff, improving cooking and baking skills including presentation, improving work efficiency, fine tuning dining service, accurately preparing and serving regular and therapeutic diets, and working effectively with vendors.
- Works closely with Purchasing Department on reviewing national vendor contracts related to dining services.
- Assists Executive Directors with interviewing and recruiting for Dining Services Directors.
- Ensures residents and their families’ satisfaction with meals served and the overall dining experience.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree required. A minimum of seven to ten years management experience in multi-facility food service operations and/or experience as corporate chef with extensive experience in both front (dining room) and back (overall kitchen) operations.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses independent judgment to establish procedures and overall strategic direction that may affect a community, multiple communities, industry sectors and/or functional disciplines. Solves the most complex problems that require understanding and evaluation of impacts on the organization.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a professional discipline and maintains extensive theoretical business and industry knowledge. Provides overall leadership and direction to the business at the regional or divisional level.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.