Sr. Director of Talent Acquisition
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Provides leadership & strategy for Field Talent Acquisition function. Develops strategic initiatives and innovative solutions that create competitive advantages for Brookdale. Drives a high-performing function and team including planning, developing, executing, and talent strategies, processes, and programs. Partners closely with the senior leadership team, and HR business partners to fulfill the needs of the business.
- Consults with Executive Leadership, Management, and HR Business Partners to identify leadership, talent and capability gaps and then designs/implements/executes strategic plans integrating talent acquisition and organizational development/effectiveness initiatives to address.
- Provides thought leadership & execution of strategies & processes to influence and impact the overall Brookdale talent strategy. Develops creative and innovative strategies for sourcing and acquiring top talent. Develop strategic initiatives, processes, and solutions that align with the strategic direction of the company.
- Uses data insights, and knowledge of TA (workforce planning, Labor Market insights, core TA process) to influence the overall Brookdale talent strategy
- Leads managers/supervisors and TA Professionals to improve capabilities and results. Coaches, mentors, and develops a team of recruiters, including helping them creatively customize successful sourcing strategies to drive individual and team results.
- Build relationships with key internal/external partners to assure that the talent pipelines are appropriately developed and maintained. Strategically partners with key stakeholders: Executive Team Members, Division Presidents, HRBPs, HR COEs, IT, Procurement, etc.
- Utilizes data insights to drive priorities and performance while continuously resolving problems. Establish, track, and analyze metrics and report on progress to business leadership, as requested.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required in Human Resources, Business or related field or equivalent experience.
- 7 – 10 years of progressive HR Experience.
- Master’s degree in HR or related field preferred.
- 5 years of leading manager level staff
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
SHRM-CP or PHR preferred.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practice. Proven skills in interpersonal communications, diplomacy, negotiating and leadership. Excellent program development skills with strong creative abilities. Ability to think “out of the box”. Must have strong analytical, computer and organizational skills.
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.