Business Development Coordinator
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
At Brookdale Chandler Regional Assisted Living, we understand the happiness of those we serve is dependent on the fulfillment of our associates. As a valuable team memeber, you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile! The work you do will be challenging but tremendously rewarding. At Brookdale Chander Region, you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you will enjoy a strategic on-going training and mentoriship that will equip you for future opportunities to grow your career. In addition, Brookdale offers ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Creates and implements effective community business development plans in order to maintain sales and occupancy goals throughout the community. Assists the sales and marketing staff with new business development and community relations within market area. May oversee multiple communities depending on size or part of market cluster; may report to regional sales and marketing management if overseeing
multiple communities. Represents the company as the leader in Senior Living to all referral sources. Keeps abreast of any competitor issues that would affect occupancy in the market.
- Provides strategy, support and vision to the Director of Sales & Marketing in a specified community or communities to achieve sales and occupancy goals through effective Business Development efforts.
- Creates community business development plans and engages in business development activities and events for the community.
- Schedules networking meetings on a regular basis to meet or exceed established departmental goals.
- Visits local hospitals on a weekly basis. Meets with residents as directed by Director of Sales & Marketing or Executive Director.
- Visits with competitors on a quarterly basis. Creates and updates competitive analyses on a quarterly basis. Serves as main contact for all competitive issues that would affect the community.
- Utilizes the community for networking meetings and events.
- Creates and maintains special events calendar for the community. Develops and organizes community events to meet established monthly goals. Serves as the primary contact for area events.
- Communicates any new leads to the sales staff.
- Keeps up to date with Innovative Senior Care Services and utilizes local Therapists at the community for Business Development activities.
- Provides support at the community if needed.
- Keeps the Director of Sales & Marketing updated on all business development activities on weekly basis. Provides information relevant to pricing, terms, policy and marketing strategy.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field and a minimum of one to three years sales/marketing experience in related industry; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable automobile.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential. Windows environment computer skills are required. (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc., preferred). Ability to facilitate complex problem solving. Effective organizational skills are a must.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 10 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.