Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for supporting the development of sourcing strategies for a variety of categories, and assisting with the negotiation and successful execution of these strategies to deliver long term competitive advantage, maximizing value, and risk mitigation for the business. This person will serve as a critical liaison between Procurement and the Brookdale organization through partnering closely with stakeholders throughout the strategic sourcing process, as well as, leveraging supplier relationships and strategic partnerships. The Strategic Sourcing Specialist must be able to interact in an efficient, professional, and responsive manner with all levels of Brookdale associates, stakeholders, and suppliers. This position will report directly to the Strategic Sourcing Manager and will be located in Brentwood, TN.
- Support the sourcing strategy process for a variety of categories and low to moderate complex projects with oversight and guidance provided by Strategic Sourcing Manager.
- Assist Sourcing Manager with sourcing activities such as the request for proposal creation, outlining negotiation opportunities for suppliers, establishing vendor selection criteria , contract review, baseline and cost savings validation, and strategy execution
- Review national, regional, local level contracts, related SLAs and assist in identifying opportunities for negotiation and risk mitigation for a variety of categories (securing price, volume, rebates, capacity and service levels in line with the needs and commitments of the organization)
- Build sourcing category expertise to provide market, supplier, and financial insights, as well as, develop expertise on wide range of sourcing practices to support the sourcing strategy and operating plan process
- Support Sourcing team on executing on opportunities to deliver on agreed annual sourcing plan targets and other key metrics
- Partner with key business stakeholders to understand and establish category requirements, development of sourcing strategy to ensure that contracts are put in place that meet the needs of our business, while providing synergy in process and savings.
- Establish relationships with new suppliers and maintain external market knowledge of new business opportunities
- Conduct sourcing activities in a way that adheres to compliance with proper procedures, policies, systems, and controls
- Contribute to Procurement projects as required and to an engaged environment (i.e. team collaboration and knowledge share, idea generation, leveraging best practices)
- Support in governance of contract management tool through monthly reporting and oversight of system activity, as well as, data accuracy confirmation
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Entry level to 3 years related strategic sourcing and contracting experience. Bachelor's Degree (BA or BS) from four-year College or university preferred. Demonstrate ability in management and organization of projects, tasks, related activities. Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as, interpersonal skills. Strong problem solving, research, data analysis, and cost structure analysis skills. Preferred Procurement experience in Food, Healthcare, IT, Human Resources, Capital, and Construction.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has a working knowledge of the organization. Strong customer service skills and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel are required. Demonstrated ability to influence and partner with key internal and external stakeholders. Strong analytical background – proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word. Strong communication skills. Research and data analysis – cost structure analysis skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.