Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Provides resident satisfaction through services provided in the beauty salon.
- Provides services of a full-service beauty salon including, but not limited to, shampooing, cutting, setting of hair, hair coloring, perms and manicures.
- Ensures residents and guests with scheduled appointments are serviced promptly.
- Keeps beauty salon well stocked with supplies; orders supplies as needed.
- Keeps salon clean and maintains pleasant environment for residents.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
One year beautician certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience as a stylist.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Maintains state beautician license.
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Must have knowledge and expertise in providing salon services; know how to use different salon equipment. Good communication skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 10 pounds
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.