Supervisor, Accts Payable
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
Oversees the day-to-day management of the Accounts Payable function and department personnel. Ensures the accurate and timely processing of all payments.
- Oversees the daily operations of the Accounts Payable department and ensures achievement of goals and objectives, directly or through subordinate staff.
- Directly supervises associates in the Accounts Payable department, including interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving concerns.
- Responsible for the professional and management development of department staff. Determines and monitors goals and deadlines for assigned staff. Reviews workload and reassigns as necessary.
- Participates in the identification, implementation and ongoing monitoring of business process controls, SOX requirements and other regulatory requirements as determined
- Maintains accuracy of data and ensures deadlines are met.
- Monitors and delivers training of Accounts Payable staff and field staff as needed.
- Works with other departments to research and solve issues related to payments and invoices.
- Provides and distributes reports to other departments and field staff as needed.
- Monitors and enforces Accounts Payable policies and procedures; recommends and implements changes.
- Identifies and leads continuous improvement efforts to improve quality, cost and timing for Procure to Pay Value Stream.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Associates Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or other related field from a two-year college or technical school required. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. Minimum one to three years related experience required. Previous supervisory experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.