Supervisor, Call Center
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Oversees a team of Call Center Specialists. Assists Call Center Manager with training, recruiting, coaching and monitoring and reporting results. Provides regular ongoing coaching to Call Center Specialists for performance and development.
- Develops relationships with team members to build trust and rapport. The supervisor partners with each team member to increase performance and development in a supportive environment through coaching and day to day engagement.
- Provides daily and weekly coaching to Call Center Specialists in the form of one on ones, side by sides and follow ups.
- Thoroughly documents coaching and interactions with Call Center Specialists on a regular basis
- Monitors calls for trends and opportunities for coaching
- Sets performance goals that align with company’s overall objectives
- Addresses problems with work quality, issues between employees and other concerns in an effective, timely manner. Develops performance improvement plans and initiates corrective action as needed.
- Serves as link between Call Center Specialists and upper management
- Handles complicated customer requests for which Call Center Specialists cannot respond.
- Conducts performance reviews, motivates team members and creates solutions to boost productivity
- Works with other departments to ensure quality control and real time schedule adherence
- Maintains a working knowledge of sales and marketing software, programs and technology used. Guides Call Center Specialists to keep system data current.
- Monitors and adjusts time keeping in KRONOS for daily schedules, floating holidays and PTO time
- Facilitates huddles and team meetings weekly
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Customer service, work leadership and sales experience is preferred. An interest or background in human services, healthcare or senior living or a personal connection through a family member’s experience of Senior Living products is preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
If the particular position is home-based, an adequate home office (high speed internet access and a quiet environment conducive to phone work) is required.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Is able to convey compassion, respect, courage and passion through coaching and communications that engage Call Center Specialists in trusting relationships. Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Maintains an active, working knowledge of current competition and any new entrants, utilizing Brookdale’s Competitive Intelligence database and other resources. Ability to operate personal computers and related software. Ability to effectively manage time, tasks and projects in a dynamic environment is required. Ability to effectively listen and communicate verbally and in writing is essential. As appropriate for select situations, must be a self-starter who excels in organizational and time-management skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.