Supervisor, Dining Services
Immediately Hiring!Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Responsible for providing a quality dining experience by greeting and seating residents and guests, overseeing dining services staff in the absence of the Manager and maintaining a pleasant and clean dining environment. May be required to supervise other staff positions.
- Assists Manager with daily supervision of dining services associates.
- Ensures smooth and timely opening and closing of the dining room. Ensures room service orders are delivered timely and properly. Ensures meals are palatable and appetizing in appearance. Maintains a pleasant and clean environment. Inspects work to ensure completion.
- Adheres to all safety and sanitation standards.
- Plans daily menu for residents in accordance with company standards and procedures.
- Assists in ensuring proper staffing coverage for each shift including making changes due to absences.
- Works with Dining Room Manager to produce weekly schedules with budgetary guidelines for service staff.
- Assists service staff during mealtime as needed. Assists in greeting and seating residents and guests. Assists in resident billing of food services charges.
- Oversees staff in absence of Manager. Provides supervision for special events.
- In consultation with the Director, Dining Services, hires, trains, disciplines and terminates departmental employees in accordance with company policy.
- Develops and maintains good working rapport with inter-department personnel, as well as with other departments within facility to assure that food service is properly maintained and meets the needs of the residents.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent plus one year certificate from college or technical school preferred. Minimum of one to two years related experience. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Current ServSafe Certification required. Obtain/hold any local, state and/or county required food handling/sanitation licenses and/or certificates.
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Must have outgoing and cheerful personality and be energetic, friendly, and organized. Must enjoy working with older adults and be capable of walking and standing for long periods of time. Ability to read and write English; ability to communicate with residents and other employees; ability to follow oral and written directions.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.