Supervisor, End User Computing
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Benefit plan package
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Associate Compassion Fund
- Associate Discounts
- Identity theft protection
- Pet savings and insurance plans
- Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
- Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
- Voluntary STD and LTD
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Oversees the daily activities of the Help Desk team and the support functions that are provided by the Technical Support Specialist team. Ensures team is effectively resolving end user support issues in a timely manner.
- Oversees the day-to-day support activities of the front line support team, including Technical Support Specialists. Prioritizes work to ensure proper support coverage for incoming requests.
- Regularly monitors support queues to ensure appropriate responsiveness to end user’s computer issues. Prioritizes queue and takes action as necessary.
- May assist team in taking incoming support requests in order to isolate problems, determine cause and take action steps necessary to resolve the problem. Verifies with customers the effectiveness of the corrective actions to ensure problems have been resolved.
- Provides regular status updates to management regarding team’s activity, support issues and staff concerns. Escalates issues as necessary.
- Coordinates team’s activities such as staff meetings, project updates, PTO requests, etc. Ensures that proper support coverage is maintained.
- Manages project work and executes project tasks as assigned. For larger projects, assigns tasks to team for execution. Monitors progress toward goal and provides updates to management.
- Provides the second level of support to the end user community; lends expertise to first level analysts and specialists.
- Works directly with other IT teams to understand end user needs for new applications and systems.
- Reviews team’s work assignments and reassigns as necessary.
- Works with manager to maintain salaries for team within budget.
- Directly supervises employees in End User Services. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Associates degree in computer science or related field and a minimum of three to five years related IT experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.