Immediately Hiring!Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Supervises the general operating maintenance and repair of the buildings and grounds to maintain proper care of the assigned community(s) in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards/regulations and company policies.
- Supervises scheduled maintenance on: H.V.A.C., elevator, fire and sprinkler equipment, generator, landscape, kitchen equipment, and emergency pull cord equipment.
- Responds to maintenance requests by residents for items needing repair in their rooms, including repairing plumbing, electrical, heating and replacing light bulbs.
- Supervises repairs and maintains vacated rooms in a timely manner. This includes painting walls and cleaning carpets. Inspects completed work for conformance to standards and policies.
- Ensures walls, floor coverings, doors, and woodwork in the common areas of the community are properly maintained.
- Assists in the training of maintenance staff.
- Maintains positive communication with local fire Marshall, building inspector, state elevator inspector, and any other jurisdictions governing the residence.
- Conducts in-service fire safety training for all employees.
- Repairs walls, floor coverings, doors, and wood work in the common areas of the community(s).
- Assesses all plumbing and electrical problems within the community(s) and determines the best course of action to correct the problem. Works within the legal scope of local and state codes.
- Reviews safety data sheets (SDS) as requested for potential exposure to hazardous chemicals used and takes necessary precautions.
- Assess property damage and file property damage claims in accordance with company policy.
- May directly supervise the maintenance technicians and building engineers, to include delegating tasks, hiring, training, evaluating performance, resolving disciplinary issues and firing.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED); and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Valid State Driver’s License required for vehicle travel, as needed.
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.