SVP, Chief Information Officer
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Responsible for Brookdale’s development and implementation of our holistic technology strategy. Oversees the selection, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, and budget for all of Brookdale’s technology.
1. Develops and executes the enterprise IT strategy linked to both the current and future business strategy
2. Creates, maintains and communicates a comprehensive, modern, holistic technology strategy.
3. Communicates the strategy to Senior Management, up to and including the Board of Directors.
4. Creates and publishes the “cloud” strategy.
5. Briefs the Operations Leadership Team, Senior Leadership Team, Executive Leadership Team and the Board on status and risks.
6. Champion of the overall strategy and associated budget.
7. Thought leader for resident technology.
8. Designs, builds and operates the network of the future within communities and within all corporate and support offices.
9. Balances privacy and risk with access and capabilities.
10. Maximizes the value and return of IT investments
11. Responsible for all teams, associates, contractors and vendors involved with the support and implementation of the IT Technology Strategy.
12. Manages a budget of approximately $50 million dollars (expense and capital).
13. Oversees the community cable TV and mobile budgets totaling $18 and $7 million dollars respectively.
14. Communicates best practices and risks to all parts of Brookdale, outside of IT.
15. Responsible for compliance with SOX, HIPAA, PCI and other regulations as required.
16. Stays abreast of technology trends, ensuring Brookdale is optimally leveraging technology.
17. Frequently requires travel.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related field required.
Minimum fifteen years related experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ideal candidate would have healthcare-related experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Hands on experience with IT networking, security, servers and storage management required.
Uses independent judgment to establish procedures and overall strategic direction that may affect a community, multiple communities, industry sectors and/or functional disciplines. Solves the most complex problems that require understanding and evaluation of impacts on the organization.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a professional discipline and maintains extensive theoretical business and industry knowledge. Provides overall leadership and direction to the business at the regional or divisional level.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
• Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
• Reach with hands and arms
• Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
• Talk or hear
• Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
• Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
• Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.