Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the company’s information technology systems. Installs, trouble-shoots, maintains and documents local/wide area networks (LAN/WANs) to meet customer requirements for features, functionality, schedule and cost.
- Installs, manages, and troubleshoots LAN/WAN hardware and software as well as other company information resources.
- Assists in product selection, testing, and implementation.
- Ensures all users are aware of, and comply with corporate information systems policies and procedures. Recommends policy revisions and additions as necessary.
- Procures and installs all system resources. Works with outside vendors to establish new accounts and resolve issues as necessary.
- Assists in the evaluation of training options and document recommendations.
- Maintains system event/resolution database and equipment inventory
- Documents specifications of all new products and produces a brief user manual including tips and tricks. Updates the manual with sections devoted to identified problems and solutions
- Creates and maintains group forms in E-Mail/GroupWare.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, business or related field and a minimum of three to five years experience in a Local Area Network (LAN)/Wide Area Network (WAN) environment as a systems administrator. Experience in the implementation of state of the art LAN/WAN information systems and documenting these systems and procedures.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.