Day Care Teacher
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Day Care Teacher Toddler Room 4 (10 hr) days
Plans, organizes, and facilitates appropriate activities and programs that guide and encourage children’s development. Establishes positive and productive relationships with parents and children.
Organizes, monitors, and participates in children's activities. Reads to children and teaches them simple painting, drawing, handicrafts, and songs.
- Structures the environment to facilitate skill based learning. Supports children's emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts.
- Identifies signs of emotional or developmental problems and brings them to parents' or guardians' attention.
- Disciplines children and recommends or initiates other measures to control behavior, such as picking up toys and books.
- Responsible for seeing that written lesson plans are prepared, including ensuring all necessary supplies are available when needed and that plans are adhered to.
- Keeps play areas, toys, and equipment organized and sanitary.
- Changes diapers and dresses children. Prepares and serves meals, snacks, and refreshments. Regulates and monitors rest periods.
- May perform housekeeping duties, such as laundry, cleaning, sterilizing bottles, dishwashing, and changing linens, as needed.
- May be required to keep records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered.
- Intervenes in dangerous situations and responds to emergencies.
- Establishes and maintains positive and productive relationships with parents and children.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related college degree preferred; or CDA and experience in childcare.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
State certifications, as required. CPR and First Aid certified
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization.
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.