Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Responsible for planning, designing, and implementing telecommunication networks. Reviews and performs the installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems and technologies. Provides assistance and technical support for network design activities.
- Establishes and assures compliance of organizational standards for telephone system design, allocation of instruments, messaging technologies, network utilization, and vendor support.
- Responds to user complaints to research complex problems associated with Brookdale’s telecommunication networks (voice and/or data). Diagnoses problem source through discussion with users.
- Develops supporting documentation of all activities.
- Installs and maintains all telecommunications systems and equipment. Serves as the point of contact to technical support from equipment vendors.
- Coordinates and performs all telephone moves. Assists in software moves and changes.
- Trains and informs dissemination about new/unused telecommunications features and when they are posted/distributed. Communicates when refresh-training classes are offered.
- Reviews all orders for equipment purchases or contracted services.
- Assists in telecommunications planning and budgeting, as required.
- Prints and reviews daily/weekly/monthly ACD reports and monthly telephone system traffic reports.
- Designs, leads and performs routine telecommunications related projects.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related field required. Minimum three years experience in network required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has a working knowledge of the organization.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.