Front Desk Concierge/Valet
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Responsible for providing a positive first and last impression to guests when they arrive and leave the community by attending to resident and guest vehicles. Parks and retrieves vehicles in a safe and timely manner.
- Proactively approaches, greets and acknowledges guests in a friendly and professional manner. Open vehicle door(s) and offers assistance as appropriate.
- Provides claim tickets and instructs residents and guests on how to reclaim vehicle.
- Parks guest vehicles in specified areas in a safe and efficient manner.
- Retrieves resident and guests vehicles from specified areas in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provides travel directions and community information as needed.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation and reports of departmental activities and status including claim checks, vehicle damage, statements, and conditions which require attention and/or repair. While driving resident/guest vehicles, obeys all traffic laws on and off property.
- Interacts with residents and guests in a friendly and courteous manner, providing assistance and directions as requested.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) required. Prior valet or driver experience preferred. Prior experience working with senior preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Valid State Driver’s License with a good driving record. Ability to drive automatic and manual transmission vehicles.
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.