Vice President Application Delivery
Immediately Hiring Nationwide
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Plans and leads the development of new business software products and/or product enhancements. Oversees activities in the following areas: applications, network/systems, database, and web development. Determines practicality of product ideas based on projected costs and sales potential. May also have responsibility for product quality and development support functions.
- Monitors product development from initiation and planning through delivery and implementation.
- Works with other executives to plan and establish product goals and development strategies.
- Ensures software projects are completed and properly documented according to product specifications, timelines, and quality standards.
- Guarantees software products meet established long-range goals.
- Optimizes the organization's technical platform by performing a cost/benefit analysis of existing technology and future enhancements.
- Secures appropriate level of technical review support for project documentation.
- Manages product architecture and implementation to allow for future development and maintenance (e.g., documentation and design review).
- Collaborates with various programming and product groups within the organization to ensure the required features and modifications are included in the appropriate releases to support cross-product features.
- Coordinates software development efforts with third party vendors and/or the integration of third party vendor software with the organization's products.
- Evaluates new technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities into the organization's products.
- Serves as contact for other departments on project status or other project information.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or related field required; advanced degree desirable. Must have 7-10 years of related experience. Excellent knowledge of industry and company market segment including competitors, products, channels, and industry developments. Thorough knowledge of all areas of business operations, including strategic and operational planning.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Uses independent judgment to establish procedures and overall strategic direction that may affect a community, multiple communities, industry sectors and/or functional disciplines. Solves the most complex problems that require understanding and evaluation of impacts on the organization.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a professional discipline and maintains extensive theoretical business and industry knowledge. Provides overall leadership and direction to the business at the regional or divisional level.
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.