Vice President of Applications
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses, incentive, or commission plans.
Plans and leads the development of new business software products and/or product enhancements. Oversees activities in the following areas: applications, network/systems, database, and web development. Determines practicality of product ideas based on projected costs and sales potential. May also have responsibility for product quality and development support functions.
- Monitors product development from initiation and planning through delivery and implementation.
- Works with other executives to plan and establish product goals and development strategies.
- Ensures software projects are completed and properly documented according to product specifications, timelines, and quality standards.
- Guarantees software products meet established long-range goals.
- Optimizes the organization's technical platform by performing a cost/benefit analysis of existing technology and future enhancements.
- Secures appropriate level of technical review support for project documentation.
- Manages product architecture and implementation to allow for future development and maintenance (e.g., documentation and design review).
- Collaborates with various programming and product groups within the organization to ensure the required features and modifications are included in the appropriate releases to support cross-product features.
- Coordinates software development efforts with third party vendors and/or the integration of third party vendor software with the organization's products.
- Evaluates new technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities into the organization's products.
- Serves as contact for other departments on project status or other project information.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or related field required; advanced degree desirable. Must have 7-10 years of related experience. Excellent knowledge of industry and company market segment including competitors, products, channels, and industry developments. Thorough knowledge of all areas of business operations, including strategic and operational planning.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Uses independent judgment to establish procedures and overall strategic direction that may affect a community, multiple communities, industry sectors and/or functional disciplines. Solves the most complex problems that require understanding and evaluation of impacts on the organization.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a professional discipline and maintains extensive theoretical business and industry knowledge. Provides overall leadership and direction to the business at the regional or divisional level.
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.